What is Penetration Testing?
- A form of stress testing, which exposes weaknesses or flaws in a computer system.
- Art of finding on open door.
- A valued assurance and verification tool.
- PT Can be used to find flaws in
- And many more
Need for Penetration Testing
- To find poorly configured machines.
- Poorly developed applications.
- Verify that security mechanisms are working.
- Help organizations to tighten the security system.
Methods & Techniques of Penetration Test
- Black Box
- White Box
- Gray Box
Methodology of Penetration Testing
- Scope/Goal Definition
- Information Gathering
- Vulnerability Detection
- Information Analysis and Planning
- Attack & Penetration /Privilege Escalation.
- Result Analysis & Reporting