THE COURSE AIMS TO:
- Introduce students to and familiarize them with the format and content of IELTS.
- Equip students with effective skills and strategies needed to undertake the IELTS test with confidence.
- Provide material for practice in all areas of the test.
- Administer regular mock tests with individual feedback and advice from certified examiners.
- The full-time course also includes General English classes that complement the IELTS Preparation classes.
Reading: skimming and scanning for general or specific information (e.g. data/statistics, facts); processing information from academic and authentic sources (magazines, journals and the internet), logical organization of information.
Writing: (task one) interpreting and comparing data; describing tables, objects, graphs and processes; (task two) stating and developing arguments/opinions; problem-solving; presenting information logically, coherently and cohesively; paragraph mapping—introduction, body of ideas and conclusion; sequencers and signaling devices; proof–reading/editing work as part of drafts.
Listening: extracting information from texts of varying lengths e.g. university lectures, radio interviews, radio documentaries, conversations; learning what information to look for and what to exclude.
Speaking: providing information in a formal interview context; giving an extended talk on a given topic; taking part in a formal discussion; giving a formal presentation/report.
Grammar: language required for describing graphs and diagrams including comparatives and superlatives, the passive voice.
Vocabulary Topics: develop vocabulary connected with the most common IELTS topics, such as the Environment, Science and Technology, Health, Energy, Education, Transport, The Arts, Media, and Urbanization.