Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT 5) is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted business framework for the governance and management of enterprise information technology.
COBIT 5 provides a holistic business view of the governance of enterprise IT, which shows the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises.
Accredited COBIT® 5 training is provided by Vishal Vyas, APMG-International Accredited Individual COBIT® 5 Trainer.
What is COBIT® 5?
COBIT 5 is the latest edition of ISACA’s globally accepted framework. It provides an end-to-end business view of the governance of enterprise IT, reflecting the central role of information and technology in creating value for enterprises of all sizes. The principles, practices, analytical tools and models found in COBIT 5 embody thought leadership andguidance from business, IT and governance experts around the world.
COBIT 5 provides guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. COBIT 5 helps business leaders address the needs of all stakeholders across the enterprise and ultimately maximize the value from information and technology.
COBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. Launched in April 2012, COBIT 5 helps maximize the value of information by incorporating the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems.
Learn the importance of an effective framework to enable business value. Delve into the elements of ISACA’s evolutionary framework to understand how COBIT 5 covers the business end-to-end and helps you effectively govern and manage enterprise IT. Developed for anyone interested in obtaining foundation-level knowledge of COBIT, the course explains the COBIT framework and supporting materials in a logical and example-driven approach.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will understand:
The COBIT®5 BIG picture: 5 key principles in COBIT®5 5 framework for governing and managing enterprise IT.
The COBIT®5 Enabling Processes: 37 governance and management processes required for end-to-end treatment of governance and management of enterprise IT.
COBIT®5 Implementation: Leverage the latest good practices and assist in the creation of successful governance and management outcomes over time.
COBIT® 5 is ideal for assurance, security, risk, privacy and compliance professionals or business leaders and stakeholders who are involved in or affected by governance and management of information and information systems.
IT Quality Professionals
IT Leadership Professionals
Process Practitioners and Managers in IT service providing firms.
The Program is delivered using a combination of instructor-led lectures, case study and exercises on practical implementation of the concepts discussed within the training. The topics presented below define the areas of focus under the program.
Module 1. Overview of COBIT®5 Workshop
Module 2. Principle 1: Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- a) COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade
Step 1. Stakeholder Drivers Influence Stakeholder Needs
Step 2. Stakeholder Needs Cascade to Enterprise Goals
Step 3. Enterprise Goals Cascade to IT-related Goals
Step 4. IT-related Goals Cascade to Enabler Goals
- b) Using the COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade
- c) Benefits of the COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade
- d) Using the COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade Carefully
- e) Using the COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade in Practice
- f) Governance and Management Questions on IT
- g) How to Find an Answer to These Questions
Module 3. Principle 2: Covering the Enterprise End-to-end
- a) Governance Approach
- b) Governance Enablers
- c) Governance Scope
- d) Roles, Activities and Relationships
Module 4. Principle 3: Applying a Single Integrated Framework
COBIT®5 Framework Integrator
Module 5. Principle 4: Enabling a Holistic Approach
- a) COBIT®5 Enablers
- b) Systemic Governance and Management Through Interconnected Enablers
- c) COBIT®5 Enabler Dimensions
- d) Enabler Dimensions
- e) Enabler Performance Management
- f) Example of Enablers in Practice
Module 6. Principle 5: Separating Governance From Management
- a) Governance and Management
- b) Interactions Between Governance and Management
- c) COBIT®5 Process Reference Model
Module 7. Implementation Guidance
- a) Introduction
- b) Considering the Enterprise Context
- c) Creating the Appropriate Environment
- d) Recognizing Pain Points and Trigger Events
- e) Enabling Change
- f) A Life Cycle Approach
Getting Started: Making the Business Case
Why you should get COBIT® 5 Certified?
Benefits for Individuals:
- Understand levels of IT-related risk and make informed decisions to reduce information security incidents.
- Deliver this understanding and risk awareness to improve prevention, detection and recovery within an organization.
- Provide tools for organizations to maintain high quality information to support business decisions.
- Help an organization to meet with regulatory and statutory or government requirements.
- Understand COBIT® approach to governance and its relationship with other IT best practices.
- Please fill-in the enquiry form to book a seat for our COBIT®5 Foundation certification training course with exam.
Benefits for Organizations:
- Reduce complexity and increase cost-effectiveness
- Increase user satisfaction with information security arrangements and outcomes
- Improve integration of information security
- Inform risk decisions and risk awareness
- Reduce information security incidents
- Enhance support for innovation and competitiveness
- Achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies and gain competitive edge over other organizations
- Please fill-in the enquiry form to book a seat for your employees for our COBIT®5 Foundation certification training course with exam.
- COBIT® is a registered trade mark of ISACA and the IT Governance Institute.
COBIT®5 Foundation Certification Exam Overview:
Exam Format: Multiple Choice format
Questions: 50 questions per paper
Duration: 40 minute duration
Exam type: Closed book.
Pass Percentage: 50% (25 on 50)
– 25 marks or more required to clear the examination (out of maximum 50 marks)
Please fill-in the enquiry form to book a seat for our COBIT®5 Foundation certification training course with exam.
COBIT® is a registered trade mark of ISACA and the IT Governance Institute.